Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Update

So, I managed to sleep through my alarm for Saturdays group run. Very bad--no more late night Fridays for the next few months! In lieu of Saturdays run I devised my own 12 mile run around the waterfront today.

My hip was giving me trouble right from the get-go, and finally shut me down at about 9.5 miles. I think I need a good masseuse to work the 'kinks' out of the deep muscles ... If not for the hip pain, I feel like I could have put down the 12 miles fairly readily.

The goal for this week will be finding a good massage therapist to help me out. The one thing I know is that my muscles are really tight, and it is giving me grief (makes me want to find another yoga class that fits my schedule!).

Today's run was fueled by Tricky, Imogen Heap, Poe, NIN & Metallica ... with a little Gleukos sports drink (local Portland company!) thrown in for good measure!

Be well,
MJ

No comments: