Sunday, April 5, 2009

Been Ill, But Getting Back to It

It has been a while since I dropped any updates on here. Of course it has been a little while since I last ran. Seems mild ailments, and then a cold hanging out in my chest have been trying to slow me down--actually, they have been quite effective!

Today I got out for the first time in over a week, and it definitely felt like the first time--I was dragging. I only put in a little over 4 miles today, not great, but at this point I will take what I can. I still feel that if I can put the last bit of cold behind me the marathon is still well within reach (after some encouragement from coach Andy).

The thing that struck me most today ... Today is a gorgeous spring day; it is sunny, in the mid to upper 60's, and everyone was out at Willamette Park where I was running through. I had just read Lenore's latest blog entry about meeting with the doctors regarding Hunters upcoming bone marrow transplant this morning. I couldn't help but slow to a walk to watch all the children playing soccer, and attacking the climbing structure with vigor ... I couldn't stop from shedding a tear as I thought about what the Thawley's have gone through, and are about to go through. I have great faith that they will all pull through this, but the journey no doubt will be beyond anything I can imagine. My thoughts are with them.

Click on Hunter's pic to visit his blog and catch up on his fight!

Be Well,
MJ

No comments: