Sunday, April 19, 2009

Group Run on April 18th

I hit a personal best today by running over 12 miles! Still not up to what the rest of my fellow Rock n' Rollers are doing, but definitely a step in the right direction!

See my route and run statistics here

What a difference it makes running with another person ... so much easier to just ignore the little nagging distractions when someone is running beside ya talking & helping to keep ya motivated; once I left the group to finish a shorter route it became much more difficult to keep moving forward!

My knees were hurting by the end of the run; a direct result of not keeping up on the stretching and massage of my IT band! I think that if I work on that consistently this week, next weekends long run should be more pain free.

I feel great today, no real muscle fatigue or lingering aches (except for a bruise on the top of my left foot which hurts when I start running no matter how I adjust my laces, but eases once I get going).

Next weekends group run is 18 miles ... that is a considerable jump from 12, but I think I may just go ahead and see if I can make it work. Otherwise my goal is going to be 16 miles.

Non-running update: Hunter has had a set-back as the second round of chemo did not eradicate the last signs of leukemia in his system. He now has to be put through the rounds of an experimental drug in an attempt to do what chemo could not--eliminate the leukemia so that he can get his bone marrow transfusion.

Send your well wishes through Lenore's blog.

No comments: