Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Personal Best ... 16 miles!

Yesterday we did 16 miles for the group run, the longest distance I have run to date! I felt good afterwords, but by the afternoon my knees were really aching. Went to the movies with my son and could barely make it down the stairs ... he found that very amusing! Iced the knees and used Tiger Balm later that evening, and everything felt soooo much better.

I feel good today; still a little achy in the right knee, but overall feeling really well. No muscle aches, or other pains. I think as long as I keep working those IT bands the knees will keep getting better, and I know this marathon is easily within my reach now.

Never thought in my life I would run this much, nor did I ever think if someone said we were doing a 10 mile run I would feel relieved at having to run a "short" distance! The coaches from TNT have been fantastic--I really cannot say enough about them, or the folks I am running with.

Next week is a slow down, then the following week is up to a 20 mile run. I don't think I will have a problem making the 20, or the 26.2 in SD! No route to upload for this week, as my gps went dead at 4.8 miles into yesterdays run, doh!

No comments: