Monday, May 18, 2009

Last Long Run ...

We did our big 20 mile training run this last Saturday, and despite the knee pain I experienced it was a great success! I think the knees are on the right track and should be more than fine for the 31st. I know I keep saying that, but the doc I am seeing now and over the next two weeks really seems to be making the difference.

I would have been walking for the last few miles if not for my great teammates--they pulled me along to finish strong (last 1.5 miles at a little over an 8 mile/minute pace). The increased pace actually made my knees feel better (perhaps the increased range of motion??), so that was encouraging.

Starting to really get excited about San Diego, a little hard to believe it is less than two weeks away.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to LLS. If you have been following this, and along with it Hunters blog you know what these diseases are capable of. My deepest, sincerest thank you for helping to make a difference, and bring about a possible end to these blood cancers.

MJ

No comments: